Sunday, December 20, 2015

Star Wars

In 1977 I took my 4 year old to see Star Wars. 

This past week I caught up on the sequels that have been produced since then. We have VHS copies of the original trilogy and two of the other episodes. Yesterday I discovered Revenge of the Sith on YouTube and watched that, too. In all this time I had never watched them and did not pay much attention to the franchise other than to find the toys and games my children wanted. Today I started on Episode IV after watching I, II and III in order. 

I was shocked to discover that Anakin Skywalker had no father. His was a miracle birth. After all these years I had not heard of this. Darth Vader became much more significant. History has myths of many others whose mother was not impregnated by a human.

Fantasy has its place. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_births

I have been trying to ascertain the number of ticket sales versus the monetary value of sales for the opening of Episode VI - supposedly the record of all sales in history. BUT, considering the  inflation rate of movie ticket cost how does the number of individual ticket sales compare to historic records of previous movies?

The records are controlled by the movie industry. Search for number of sales and all that will be displayed are monetary values NOT number of tickets.