Saturday, October 7, 2023

2022

Twenty Twenty-Two

In May of '22 I experienced a cardiac arrest. After a dozen shocks my heart was re-started. Those shocks put me in a state of physical imbalance that affected my kidneys, my gall bladder and my memory. In June, I found myself in a rehab center with no support from my family. I didn't know why I was there.  

My wife was smoking meth and refused to contact me. I had no clothes and nothing of my own. For six months I bounced between hospitals, was forced into dialysis and a tube from my stomach to my gallbladder drained into a bag I had to carry wherever I went. 

I became unable to stand and bedridden while ambulances were used to transport me to dialysis. I hated dialysis. Six hours of sitting in agony three times a week. In June I was bleeding from an ulcer and Palms of Pasadena Hospital cauterized my ulcer. 

I insisted my kidneys were re-evaluated and I was removed from dialysis. My gall bladder began to work and the tube was removed. It took another two months for me to learn to walk again and I was released from the rehab center. 

My wife refused to let me in my house. I had PCSO convince her it was my right. In December she accused me of beating her and I was issued a "No Contact" order and arrested. 10 days later Pinellas dropped the charges but I had left Florida to live with my son. 

On her birthday, January 1st, she suffered a stroke and died January 13th (a Friday). I flew back to Florida, sold my house in 15 days and returned to my son's apartment. I am still healing.